2021-07-07: EMG 7.2.11 is now released.
These are the changes in EMG 7.2.10 as compared to EMG 7.2.9.
- When EMG split a message into multiple PDUs but the receiving end only sent back acknowledgements for some of them, EMG could previously end up sending the message twice, and in some situations even crash. This has now been corrected.
- Two issues were corrected when merging message parts all in UCS2. These appeared in EMG 7.2.9, in the updated merge logic.
- The DISABLE_UCS2_DOWNGRADE connector option was not respected.
- The outgoing messages were tagged as still being in UCS2, even though the message bodies had been converted to Latin-1 or GSM-7.
- The schema number is increased to 42, optionally adding the
emguser.crypt_passwordcolumn as a
VARCHAR(255). This column stores the encrypted user password, as given by the
crypt(3)function. By entering “generate crypt password” into your favourite search engine, you can get a large number of different methods and tools to generate such an encrypted password. As the system function crypt(3) is used, the supported algorithms are whatever the system it runs on supports.
- When using the USERS connector option for storing users in a file, the encrypted password can be set in the third column as
CRYPT_PASSWORD=$id$salt$encrypted. The second column, normally containing the password, is then ignored (but it must be non-empty, so just enter “x” or something similar). In this case a method must be selected which does not use “,” anywhere in the resulting string.
- For file based routing, you can route on any message option. Starting now, you can also route on the SMPP options in the SMSC specific interval between 0x1400 and 0x10000, which are stored by EMG in the MGP option SMPPOPTION (178). The value part must be hex encoded, just as in the connector log files.
The downloads are password-protected. To obtain the username and password required, please use our license request form.